We aim to maximise the educational opportunities of all within our comprehensive community in a stimulating and caring environment. We are determined to meet the educational needs of all our pupils.
Some pupils will, permanently or from time to time, have a significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of children their age. Some may have disabilities, which prevent or hinder them making the use of the facilities provided for our pupils. We will give these pupils individual consideration and make special provision for them, working in partnership with others as necessary. The Governors’ intention is that the needs of all pupils are identified and met as soon as possible. All pupils whether they have special educational needs or not, must have an equal opportunity to participate in the full curriculum of the academy (including the National Curriculum) and all activities. Pupils with special educational needs will be encouraged to become independent and take responsibility within the college.
Everyone in the academy community – governors, staff, pupils and parents – has a positive and active part to play in achieving this aim.
- To increase the range of strategies used in the diagnosis and support of pupils with a wide range of needs
- To develop a learning resource area and, in particular, ensuring access to ICT facilities
- To raise the reading standards of identified pupils
- To extend the range of strategies staff use in dealing with children with behavioural difficulties
- To increase the level of involvement of parents and pupils with special educational needs
- Student Support Centre
- ASD – a guide for parents
- Academy Local Offer for SEN(D)
Suffolk Local Offer
- Available on our ‘Policies’ page