All learners in our academies will experience a curriculum that:
1. is ambitious and enjoyable through knowledge and skills developed from Foundation Stage to Post 16 and Adult provision.
2. is knowledge rich, ensuring access to a wide, global cultural capital – thus maximising lifetime opportunities.
3. is inclusive, nurturing and tailored towards the needs of the individual.
4. is focused on developing the very best oracy, literacy, numeracy and digital skills – enabling access to the widest learning and the very best careers possible to ensure we develop global citizens.
5. is enriching, ensuring all experience a rich variety of cultural, artistic and sporting activities.
6. is broad in terms of coverage and (at least) encompassing the breadth of the 2014 English National Curriculum.
7. celebrates the uniqueness of each educational setting in terms of localised knowledge and skills.
8. develops character, personal pride and the highest moral standards.
9. celebrates diversity, challenges injustice, promotes equality and encourages the creation of a better world.
10. is delivered by well-qualified, forward-thinking, skilled, passionate professionals.
At Mildenhall College Academy we have a broad, balanced and varied curriculum aligned with the national curriculum and reflecting the needs of all learners in modern Britain. We review our curriculum annually and have produced curriculum overviews to outline the subjects taught; the content, skills and values taught within those subjects. These are supported by more detailed knowledge organisers setting out the core knowledge students are expected to acquire in each subject. Our curriculum also indicates the assessment focus for each topic.
Our aim at Mildenhall College Academy is to ensure that young people leave school with the knowledge, skills and ambition to succeed in modern Britain and to compete in the global labour market.
Promoting British values is fundamental to achieving this and that is why we continue to ensure that the Department for Education’s five-part definition of British Values is delivered across the entire curriculum including all of the additional opportunities students at MCA have outside of the classroom, in the local community and globally.
The core values are:
• The rule of law
• Individual liberty
• Mutual respect
• Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs