To provide opportunities for students to participate in activities that improve the quality of their lives and the lives of others
- To balance the demands of academic rigour with extended activities
- To provide opportunities for all students to engage in a wide range of activities for their House
- To provide competitions that encourage participation, loyalty and respect for others
- To create opportunities for all students to be trained and to serve as leaders
- To strengthen each student’s interpersonal relationship skills
- To enhance the Family Spirit within the Academy community
- The primary purpose of the House System at Mildenhall College Academy is to further the mission of the academy by providing greater pastoral care to all our students while strengthening our sense of community and participation in meaningful activities. The system will also enable us to proactively develop leadership skills within the student body. All pupils are allocated to one of four houses: Austen, Brunel, Cavell and Newton.The time that teachers spend with their vertical tutor groups is an essential element of academy life. We would go as far as to say that the Tutor is the linchpin of the academy. The opportunity it offers to get to know a group of children well and to really feel anchored in the academy is a vital aspect of the Mildenhall College Academy pastoral programme. The Tutor is the first point of contact within the academy for parents. We aim to make tutees self-sufficient individual who work together to achieve high standards of attendance, attainment, attitude to learning and resilience. Mentoring by the Tutor and the peer mentoring programme will assist in this achievement.