This website privacy statement details our approach to the collection and use of personal information for visitors to any of our websites. This includes individual academy websites. We are committed to the principles of data protection legislation and will therefore only collect, store and process information which is necessary for you to benefit from our on-line presence.
Purpose of this notice
This notice tells you
- what information we might collect about you, both identifiable and personally non-identifiable, during a visit to our websites or when you use our online tools, including those designed for online learning and staff recruitment
- how we might use that information
- what information of yours we might legitimately share with other organisations
- your choices about the information you give us.
What this notice does not cover
We are committed to only collecting information which is necessary and to keeping that information safe. Please let us know if you have any concerns about how we do this.
Storing cookies, analytics and personal information
Cookies are small pieces of data that our websites transfer to the user’s computer hard drive when you visit them. Our websites use only ‘session cookies’, which are erased when you close your web browser. Session cookies do not collect information from your computer. They also do not personally identify you.
What do we collect?
When you visit our websites we will collect and process the following information, for our own use only:
- the details of the page or downloaded requested
- whether the request was successful or not
- the date and time of access to the site
- the internet address of the website or the domain name of the computer from which you accessed our site
- details of the operating system of the machine running your web browser and the type and version of your web browser.
Collecting this information enables us to maintain a high level of security around our websites. For those who simply visit our websites, we will never pass the information on, unless required to as part of a legal or criminal investigation.
If you engage with our online learning and/or recruitment services, you will be asked to enter manually additional personal information. At that point, you should refer to the privacy notice for staff, students or parents (as appropriate) for details of what we will do with the information provided.
Changes to this notice
We update this notice regularly and will always ensure that the most up-to-date version is available on our website. Please ensure you have checked to ensure that you understand the current privacy notice when you engage with our websites.
If you have any questions relating to this privacy notice or would like to offer us feedback, please contact our DPO at DPO@attrust.org.uk