Careers Education and Guidance & Work-Related Learning make a major contribution to preparing young people for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life, in order to help them make a successful transition to adulthood.
A planned, tailored and progressive programme of activities and interventions supports learners in choosing pathways that suit their interests and abilities, help young people to follow a career path and manage the transitions of their working lives.
Aims: Our aim is to help learners, through careers and work-related activities and interventions, to be able to:
- Develop their understanding of themselves in relation to future learning and employment opportunities
- Learn and experience careers and the world of work
- Develop their career management and employability skills
Mr Goodenough is the named careers leader at MCA – he can be contacted via main reception or by email: email@example.com
We Provide the following exciting activities for all year groups:
- Employer Workshops – from time to time there will be workshops from a range of different employers. Please keep an eye on the daily notices for a chance to sign up.
- Enrichment Day activities – there are opportunities for our students to sign up to a range of enrichment day activities. Please keep an eye on daily notices for more information.
- Visits to Careers Fairs – meet local employers, colleges and universities to gain information.
- Visits to Local Employers – Usually offered to students in small groups.
- Careers interviews (upon request) – there is a sign up list in the House Office. All students can request an interview with the academy careers adviser.