Low Mood Podcast
Reported rates of low mood amongst young people have increased significantly in recent times and many young people report feeling unmotivated, sad and less optimistic about the future. This podcast is aimed at 15+ to 25 year olds and those who might want to support them. It explores how low mood might be impacting on young people as the pandemic continues. We have an 18-year old guest on the podcast who reflects on the challenges she has been experiencing. The team and her reflect on the ways in which young people have coped with the first lockdown and what they may have learned from this. After listening to the podcast you should have a sense of the helpful habits you can get into, to promote positive emotions, combat low mood and build meaningful activities into your life. Including these top tips: –
- Plan small achievable goals that provide a sense of enjoyment, achievement and purpose
- Recognise and acknowledge your successes and achievements, however small they seem
- Practice gratitude each day, taking time to appreciate all that you have in your life
- Combine activities in order to achieve more than one goal e.g. social connection with exercise or social connection with baking or gaming)
- Introduce flexibility and adaptability when it comes to planning your goals. This is a great skill for life and it helps us to build stronger mental health and resilience.