We offer our pupils a caring and supportive environment in which to learn. The ethos of the academy is underpinned by a commitment to providing equal opportunities for all and a resolve to foster an atmosphere in which each pupil as an individual is respected and encouraged. It is our aim to enable pupils to develop self-confidence and an awareness of their personal strengths whilst promoting a firm grasp of their personal responsibilities. We strive to work hand in hand with parents so that all our pupils can and should, leave education well prepared for their life ahead. To do this we need to work together and follow these agreements.
Academy Transformation Trust agrees to:
- Support all pupils to achieve at the highest level.
- Offer all pupils in all phases learning personalised to their needs.
- Offer all pupils in all phases innovative and cutting edge e-learning opportunities ensuring all are able to master new technologies as they emerge.
- Ensure that all pupils are well prepared for managing their life beyond education.
- Offer all pupils an entitlement to a range of extra curriculum experiences which broaden their horizons and raises their aspirations.
- Provide equal opportunities for all pupils.
The academy agrees to:
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum which seeks to meet the needs of all our pupils
- Ensure that children are taught well, cared for and treated fairly
- Identify, help and encourage children to make constructive use of their talents
- Provide an orderly, secure and happy environment in which children can learn and grow up
- Keep parents informed of children’s progress and offer advice on how parents can help
- Listen and have due regard for parents’ concerns and anxieties and provide opportunities for parents to discuss these
- Keep parents informed about academy activities and the opportunities to participate in them.
- Provide a secure, happy and stimulating learning environment
Parents and Carers agree to:
- Accept the academy’s values, positively supporting the academy.
- Ensure that your child attends the academy punctually every day during term time, unless there is a good reason for absence (e.g. illness).
- Notify the academy by telephone or text in the event of absence.
- Support the academy’s policies and guidelines on learning, behaviour and uniform, both in the academy and at home.
- Attend parent/ teacher meetings to discuss your child’s progress
- Support your child with all homework that is set, including reading.
- Keep us informed of where to contact you in an emergency.
- Promptly inform the academy of any concerns or problems that may affect your child’s learning, behaviour of happiness at the academy.
- Support the academy in the teaching of safe and secure internet use at home.
Pupils agree to:
- Treat others with courtesy, consideration and respect
- Attend regularly, on time, and dressed and equipped properly
- Tackle all work set as well as they can
- Treat the academy and its grounds with respect
- Observe the academy’s rules / code of conduct.